Welcome to the Carla Pearls website, a fully-owned subsidiary of Carla Jewellery UK Limited. By continuing to use this website, you are indicating that you accept these Terms & Conditions of use.
You can print out any page from this website, including the Terms & Conditions, by selecting Print from the File menu of your internet browser.
- "We" and "us" means Carla Jewellery UK Limited.
- "You" means the person using the website.
- "The contract is agreed" by completing and submitting an electronic order form, you are making an offer to purchase goods which, if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract. An acceptance email from us confirms that the contract is formed.
- "Working days" means all days other than Saturdays, Sundays and English statutory and public holidays.
- By using the website to buy goods online, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old, or, if you are under 18, that you are accessing the website with the consent of your parent or guardian.
We own the copyright to all the contents of this website, including images. All trademarks and other intellectual property are owned or licensed by us (unless otherwise specified) or are the property of third parties offering goods for sale through this website.
You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, republish, download, display, post or transmit any part of the website without written consent from us (except as stated below).
You may print or download any page(s) for your own personal and non-commercial use only. If you have any doubts about what you can do, please go to our Contact Us page to apply for permission to reproduce the website.
While our website is as accurate as possible, we cannot accept responsibility for any inaccuracies or errors beyond our reasonable control. We cannot guarantee that colours in our images will be rendered correctly on different computer monitors. The product dimensions supplied are intended to give an approximate indication of the size of individual products. Products shown may not be actual size.
- You shall not use the website in any way that will damage it or interrupt its provision.
- You shall not use the website to transmit or post any computer viruses.
- We cannot guarantee that the website is free from computer viruses, and you should take your own precautions in this respect.
- We will try to make sure that the website is always available. However, this is not always possible, and we are not liable if the website is unavailable.
The website may contain links to other websites; these external websites are not under our control. We cannot be held responsible for such websites and cannot make any guarantees about them. We provide these links because we think they might interest you, but we do not monitor or endorse these other websites.
We reserve the right to terminate the website or remove any of the services on it with immediate effect at any time, for example if:
- there is a change in the law that limits our ability to provide the website
-- an event beyond our control stops us providing the website (eg: technical difficulties)
We reserve the right to change these Terms & Conditions of use from time to time. If this happens, we will notify you by posting the new Terms & Conditions of use on the website. If you do not wish to be governed by the revised Terms & Conditions of use, please stop using the website.
We take no responsibility for any loss or damage suffered as a result of our "order online& service, or goods supplied using it, except as required by law, even if we could have foreseen the loss, or the possibility of it was brought to our attention.
We remain liable for:
-loss, damage, death or personal injury resulting from our negligence
- fraudulent misrepresentations
- the quality of our goods
These Terms & Conditions of use are governed by the law of England and you and we agree to use the English courts if there is any dispute between us.
If any part of these Terms & Conditions of use is found to be invalid by law, the rest of them remain valid and enforceable.
"The contract is agreed" by completing and submitting an electronic order form, you are making an offer to purchase goods which, if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract. An acceptance email from us confirms that the contract is formed.
By using the website to buy goods online, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old, or, if you are under 18, that you are accessing the website with the consent of your parent or guardian.
Please see our placing an order online section for instructions on how to order.
By completing and submitting an electronic order form, you are making an offer to purchase goods which, if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract. Please note orders will only be despatched once we have authorisation from your payment card issuer. We will not be liable if there is a delay, and we will not accept your order if payment is not authorised.
Certain steps must be followed for a contract to be formed, as described below. After you have placed your order:
- We will send you, as soon as possible, an email to acknowledge your order. It will confirm which goods you have ordered. This email is not an order acceptance from us.
- When we despatch your goods from the warehouse, we will send you a confirmation email. This means we formally accept the order, and are obliged to complete the contract.
We do not have to accept your order, and for example, we will not accept your order if:
- your payment is not authorised
- there is an error on our website regarding the price or other details of the goods
- you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions
- we reserve the right to refuse any order with or without any reason.
If you change your mind after placing an order, you can cancel it at any time before we despatch it. Please telephone us to cancel your order. You will need to give us your name and address details, as well as your order number.
If you cancel part of an order, the postage and packaging charge is recalculated on the price of the goods you keep. For example, if you are entitled to free delivery only for orders of ?80 and above and if your order is for ?80 worth of goods and you then cancel a ?35 item, your order total will drop below ?50, and you will no longer qualify for the free delivery.
All pearl jewellery in stock are dispatched to you within 48 hours via Royal Mail First Class delivery. An email will be sent to you to notify that the order has been dispatched. For orders within the UK, all packing and postage are free. For orders from rest of the world, those over £80 in value come with free packing & shipping, while for those orders of value under £80 we charge £15 for packing and delivery.
You can also place an order on items that are temporarily out of stock. In this case we expect to dispatch the item to you within 12 - 15 working days. We will notify you by email when the item is dispatched to you (this will take another 1-3 working days to arrive at your address).
Please note that all shipping outside the European Union might be subject to importation tax, Carla Jewellery UK Ltd. do not take responsibility for such additional tax charges. Please consult the taxation office of your country for relevant information.
When you order from us online, you are entitled to a cooling off period after despatch, when you can return your goods without any penalty. Our cooling off period is 14 days, which includes any statutory cooling off period.
This period starts the day the contract is agreed (i.e. you receive an email from us saying we have despatched your order) and ends 14 days after the day following delivery of the goods.
If you wish to return goods, you have a duty to keep them in your possession and to take reasonable care of them until you return them. Goods must be returned in their original condition, including immediate packaging, within the cooling off period. (Due to hygiene reasons, in keeping with standard industry policy, we cannot accept returns of pierced earrings.)
For returning an item we would ask the following:
- Notify us within 14 days of receiving your goods via post, telephone or email.
Post back the goods unused and in their original condition within the next 5 working days with presentation case and any other paper/materials provided.
Obtain a free Certificate of Posting from your Post Office.
It is recommended that you insure the goods with Royal Mail for return, as we are unable to process a refund until we receive the returned goods. When you post the item, please avoid writing words such as "pearls jewellery" as such would encourage theft. Please write down words like "accessories".
- We will process your refund upon receipt of the goods within 10 working days or replace according to your requirements. Please note that we are only able to refund you on the same credit card that you have made the purchase with. We cannot control the time it takes your card issuer to credit your account.
- If the goods you received were substitute goods, damaged in any way or are of unsatisfactory quality, we will compensate the cost of return postage. If the package or goods are damaged, please also report this to the Royal Mail upon delivery or as soon as possible thereafter.
Prices throughout the website are quoted in Pounds Sterling. Prices include VAT. Some comparisons to earlier higher selling prices may refer to prices which included VAT at the previous higher rate of 17.5% as opposed to the new lower rate of 15%. Packaging cost are bore by Carla Pearls TM and postage cost are free for delivery within the UK and for orders of ?80 and above from overseas.
While we make every effort to ensure that the goods shown on our website are currently available at the price shown, we cannot guarantee that this will always be the case. If goods you have ordered are unavailable, you will be notified as soon as possible.
Unless there is a pricing error made on our website or in the ordering process, the price you pay is the price of the goods shown at the time you place the order, even if the price of the goods has since changed.
If a pricing error is made on our website or in the ordering process we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of buying the goods at the correct price or cancelling the order. Your order will be cancelled if we cannot get in contact with you to notify you of the error.
Your payment card will be debited for your order on the day that we despatch your goods.
- Free gift offers valid while stocks last.
- If you return an item, under our 14 day cooling off period, with which you received a free gift, you must return both the item you paid for and the free gift. Your legal rights remain unaffected.
- Unwanted free gifts are not eligible for exchange or refund. Your legal rights remain unaffected.
- Where an offer mentions that an item is reduced in price (for example, half price), the discount will be calculated at checkout before any postage or packaging charges are applied.
The procedures, set out here, to return goods do not affect your statutory rights. Further information on your statutory rights can be found at www.consumerdirect.gov.uk. If you do receive faulty goods, please follow one of the procedures outlined on our returning an item section.
Cash refunds for gifts can only be made to the same payment card used to purchase the goods. So the recipient will not be able to get a cash refund if they want to return the goods. If a recipient does want to return a gift, we will exchange it for a gift card, credited to the value of the gift, on Carla Pearls TM website within the cooling off period.
We reserve the right to change these Terms & Conditions for buying goods online from time to time. If this happens, we will notify you by posting the new Terms & Conditions for buying goods online on the website. If you do not wish to be governed by the revised Terms & Conditions for buying goods online, you must not place any further orders.
These Terms & Conditions for buying goods online are governed by the law of England and you and we agree to use the English courts if there is any dispute between us.
If any part of these Terms & Conditions for buying goods online is found to be invalid by law, the rest of them remain valid and enforceable.